Lizzie and I moved to Saskatoon. We have heard it called S-Toon as well. We like to use the adjective ‘sassy’ when referring to anything Saskatoon or Saskatchewan, so, Sassytoon.
When we moved in, it bordered chaos. The rental agent we had talked to up until then dumped us onto another agent the day of our movein. Needless to say, our new rental agent was very busy. If I had kept a tally of how many times she answered either of her two phones, I might have reached one hundred. But we got in. We had to clean the place ourselves because no cleaning crew had come through yet, but that’s not at all interesting. We had a painter come in to fix a plaster problem on our living room wall. As I began to mention how the plaster was weak and might break with any shift of the wall he karate chopped the bad plaster and watched it crumble to the floor. “Yup, it’s weak,” he said with a Canadian grin. We had a different maintenance man look at the moldy drop tile in our bathroom that was now leaking water. I began to explain how worried I was about the mold and that the tile would fall. Before I was halfway through my explanation his palm had shot through the tile, and again I watched something crumble, this time into the tub. It’s an ask questions later mentality up here.
We have an empty room. Our kitchen has dishes, utensils, and we even picked up a table with four stools on clearance. Our bedroom has a newly purchased, on sale, bed and boxspring in it. Our bathroom, well it’s a bathroom. Our toiletries are in there. But the living room… We moved with no furniture, and as such, there is nothing to occupy a living room. We have some ideas. 1.) The Gallery. We have lots of pictures to put up, even groups of pictures with unifying themes. I’m thinking of making cards explaining each piece. 2.) Sassy Fitness. Our living room has a 57ft. perimeter. 92.63 laps is one mile. 2426.91 laps is a marathon. During trial runs, we discovered the need to switch directions every 10 laps to avoid dizziness and leg dominance. I see this as a very profitable venture.We are open to suggestions.
No comments:
Post a Comment